What is the U.S. Cyber Range?¶
The U.S. Cyber Range provides cloud-based infrastructure for educators, industries, and others, allowing them to offer tailorable hands-on cybersecurity training and education in order increase the number of skilled cybersecurity experts across all sectors. The U.S. Cyber Range provides an extensive Courseware Repository for educators and a cloud-hosted Exercise Area or "Range" environment for hands-on cybersecurity labs and exercises for students.
Cyber Range Features¶
The Cyber Range offers a wide variety of resources available to you and your students. A couple of our key features are detailed below:
- Course materials are offered in modular form to allow flexible adoption of offerings.
- Indexed and searchable.
- Contains course content such as syllabi, lesson plans, presentation slides, and representative homework exercises and exams.
- For more information, please visit our Courseware Repository.
- Students access Range VMs through web browsers; no special software needed.
- Cloud-based approach allows fast deployment and scalability.
- Eases the burden on schools of providing infrastructure for cybersecurity labs.
- More large-scale exercises and a capture-the-flag environment are available. For more information, please see the article titled Cloud CTF Overview.
- If you're interested in getting a bit more familiar with the Range, please visit our Exercise Area for some hands-on experience.
We began offering our “Cyber Range as a service” to Virginia public high schools, colleges, and universities as the Virginia Cyber Range. This initial effort was proposed by Governor McAuliffe in spring 2016 as part of his vision to boost Virginia’s cybersecurity industry through strategic educational investments. For more information on the mission, history, and services of the US Cyber Range, visit The US Cyber Range Website.
Have a Question? Contact Support¶
Students: Please reach out to your Instructor who can submit a ticket to our Support Team on your behalf.
We're here to help you. If you still have questions after reviewing the information above, please feel free to submit a ticket with our Support Team and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Thank You for Your Feedback!